Beta is the very beginning of a new company and business model. In our Beta, we are focused on growing our fabulous group of divine hosts in addition to attracting investors. We can tell you, our founding hosts will be taken care of. You will receive high levels of attention and opportunities to advance economically and travel more.
Beta will last for the duration leading to full funding. This could be a few months to one year, depending on the growth our founding hosts can help us attain.
Yes! Absolutely. The faster we grow, the sooner your bookings will fill up. On your one-year free membership, this means you’ll be earning more than any other model and we’ll be thrilled to watch your success and ratings soar!
As a private membership club for women, we are exclusive only to anyone who is not a member.
Yes, once GoFirefly has built up a host inventory, we will launch a campaign to attract guest memberships.
Absolutely no charge. We want our hosts to travel within GoFirefly as much as they would ever dream of.
Yes, you are free to host on as many platforms as suit your own goals for hosting. We are so glad that you’ll be hosting with us – GoFirefly will be a very special community of women who take hospitality seriously.
Starting with your completed profile, as a BETA host, we will personally contact you via email and phone to interview you, and get to know you more personally as well as explain more about new developments you can look forward to in the coming months from GoFirefly.
We are looking for hosts who take great care in the quality of the room, linens, and amenities she provides.
To start, during your interview, we will ask you for your driver’s license and proof of home ownership.
Once you have been interviewed and approved, your mark of certification will be added to your profile and you can begin booking!
Soon, we will be requiring background checks for each host application.
Yes! The primary host is always female, ensuring the integrity of our model. This can be two females or a wife and her male husband.
Yes! The objective is to connect with other women and provide a safe, high-quality stay. If you can guarantee this with children in the home, you can become GoFirefly certified.
Membership is FREE for qualified BETA hosts for one year. You will not be automatically charged one year later. We will alert our founding members at the time of formal launch (when we are ready to market for guests in addition to hosts) when the annual fee would be charged. For now, we are removing the cost threshold for a host to sign up at this early stage.
The reverse will occur, we will put money in your bank account when a guest books with you!
We will prompt Beta users one month prior to their first 12 month anniversary to update payment information.
Yes, host earn 100% - with the only exception being a 5% credit card processing fee to cover our banking transaction costs.
AirBnB takes the 3-5% credit card processing fee, plus a12-18% booking fee that is split by the host and the guest, thus reducing the profit margin for hosts. Each night of any booking, the host pays 3% and the guest pays 12-15% to AirBnB - for a total of 15-18% EACH NIGHT the stay is booked. On a $65/night room, this could be $7-$11/night.
Our core value proposition is to get hosts traveling. By creating a fee free booking method for our host members, we are removing costs other shared economy models charge.
In BETA, we have one field for you to describe your primary amenity, for example, hot breakfast. We encourage hosts to communicate about exactly what you will offer based on what a guest prefers. You can change the cost for each booking once you know exactly what the guest wants and what you can provide the amenity for. Example: The guest wants breakfast each day and would like wine and snacks stocked for her. Together, you agree on what you will provide and what she will pay. You update the price in your booking for your guest for that stay.
In the near future, we will have a menu listing where you can itemize your offering, rather than rolling it all into one total.